Search PPTs

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

PowerPoint Presentation On Assertiveness

PPT On Assertiveness

Download

Assertiveness Presentation Transcript:
1. ASSERTIVENESS
“DON’T SAY YES WHEN YOU WANT TO SAY NO”
-Herbert Fensterhein

2. DOES IT HAPPEN TO YOU?
 Do you often find that others coerce you into thinking their way? Is it difficult for you to express your feelings openly and honestly? Do you sometimes lose control and become angry at others?

3. Do you yell at your group mates when they don’t pay any heed to your idea?
 “YES” is an expression of “LACK OF ASSERTION OR ASSERTIVENESS IN COMMUNICATION”

4. “I’m OK, you’re OK”: people are in the ‘get on with’ position “I’m OK, you’re not OK” : people are in the ‘get rid of’ position “I’m not OK, you’re OK”: people are in the ‘get away position’ “I’m not OK, you’re not OK” : people are in the ‘get nowhere’ position All four positions have bearing on individual thinking and subsequent verbal manifestations (communication)

5. AGGRESSION
Getting my own way anyway – cost to others, not my concern No interest or respect for the rights, wants or needs of others Usually destructive – physically or psychologically or both The basic message remains: “This is what I think – you’re stupid for believing differently. This is what I want – what you want is not important.”

6. AGGRESSION IMPORTANT PROCESS VARIABLES:
Invasive/angry staring-eye contact Loud strident voice, Invasion of spatial boundaries, Use of aggressive gestures Stiff or muscled up posture, Towering over others, etc

7. AGGRESSION AFTERMATH:
Aggression often breeds aggression- a vicious cycle Aggression can make us unpopular Aggression discourages helping hands in the future Short-term and myopic “feel-good” factor

8. PASSIVITY
Violating one’s own rights by failing to express honest feelings, thoughts and beliefs in a manner easily disregarded by others The basic message: “My feelings don’t matter – only yours do. My thoughts aren’t important – yours are the only ones worth listening to. I am nothing – you are superior.”

9. PASSIVITY
Behaving as other people’s rights matter more than our own Goal is to appease others and to avoid conflict at any cost Passive people don’t consider as if they have the right to: Have an opinion, Contribute, and Be valued

10. For more please refer our PPT. Thanks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of incredibly good reading here, thanks! I had been searching on yahoo when I found your article, I’m going to add your feed to Google Reader, I look forward to more from you.

Akash said...

Thanks for Sharing !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive